Saturday, May 1, 2010

The journey begins ..


Cooking is my hobby and I cook very often. Last year, I volunteered for teaching Indian Recipes to the hearing impaired students of Japan. I taught them to cook Chicken Biryani, Raita and Kheer and the event was a huge success.
What more, it got in to the Japanese National Newspaper ‘Asahi Shinbun’.
So, I already had a background of displaying my culinary skills in front of an audience and teaching them to cook as well.



That was the flashback of this tale!!

Now comes a regular day in my life, where-in I get tired of eating the same vegetables every week. So, once in a while, I take the charge of kitchen and start cooking myself. I try to make some new recipe, which I had tried recently in a restaurant, or try to do a fusion act on Indian food items and create something new or try my hand at some delicious food item, just to check if I can do it as good as my mom and dad cook it. Sometimes, I just make tried-and-tested Indian/Maharashtrian home food.

During one of these days, I was browsing my movie collection to lend a few to a friend and I came across the movie – Julia and Julia!!
Immediately an idea struck!! Let’s try something on similar lines!!

Let's cook and lets blog about all those cooking experiments and adventures. And, Let's have a photo of the ingredients to be used and final cuisine, blog the ingredients and recipe steps for each one of the food items I make and thus make a collection of simple but yummy cuisines.

The journey of this blog begins with the most common cuisines made in a typical Maharashtrian family – Ghar ki Daal – the Daal Fry and the Black Beans Usal.

Enjoy Reading, Love Cooking and Cherish Eating!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Prasad, wish you had started this earlier :) Tejan

    ReplyDelete